What we're looking for
- Well versed in Ruby on Rails and NoSQL database technologies, like MongoDB and Redis.
- An interest in taking a key role in a growing startup.
- Passion for building quality products that are second to none.
- Familiar with the languages, frameworks, and stack behind our products.
- The ability to write highly readable, maintainable, and efficient back-end code.
- The skills to account for database efficiency when writing back-end code.
- Comfortable with dipping into the front-end when necessary, e.g. to connect controller actions with forms and tables.
- Comfortable working with third-party APIs, both with those that provide Ruby bindings and those that do not, and connecting them with existing code.
- A high standard for creating robust and reliable software.
- Ready for handling multiple responsibilities and changing requirements for applications.
- Can work efficiently in-house or in a remote environment.
- Experience with Node.js is a plus.
What you'll be doing
- Adding new features and bug fixes for our products.
- Diagnosing issues, simplifying, and refactoring for efficiency in our existing back-end code.
- Adding functionality to our Stripe integrations.
- Writing code for collecting, manipulating, and displaying data from our products, including statistics and analytics.
Languages & Frameworks
- Git (with GitFlow)
- SLIM & ERB
- Digital Ocean
- AWS EC2
- AWS S3
- AWS SES
- Base Salary + Cache Rewards.
- Competitive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- Work from anywhere in the world.
- Loose vacation policy.
- Flexible work hours.